Computer Engineering for Information System Management
- A career of future with a labour insertion of 100%
- Name: Computer Engineering for Information System Management
- Duration: 4 academic years organized into four-month periods
- Study load: 240 ECTS credits
- Format: Face-to-face
- Timetables: Mornings (from 8h to 14h)
- Run by: School of Engineering and Technology
- Qualification: Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- Fees: Check out the cost and financing options for the study program at the following link (Fees and financing)
- Access: See acces and university enrollment (Accés)
- Places: 45
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English
- Minimum score: : 5,000 (17/18)
The Degree in Computer Management and Information Systems Engineering at the TecnoCampus Higher Polytechnic School obtained in 2014 the favorable verification by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia (AQU). Verification is the favorable assessment of the curriculum by the official evaluation agencies.
With this recognition, the titles of the school guarantee the teaching quality following the standard established by the Agency for all universities.
The studies are structured into eight periods of four months each including basic subjects (66 ECTS), compulsory subjects (114 ECTS), optional subjects (42 ECTS) and final project (18 ECTS). All the technical subjects have practices, wether in the subject itself or in laboratories for complete practices.
Conceiving, developing, spreading, marketing and keeping computing systems, using own principles and methodologies of engineering and making informed decisions regarding: architecture, machinary and program platforms, networks and communications, quality and safety levels, adaptation to law, accessibility, ergonomy and usability. Managing and leading projects related to Information Technologies (IT).
WHY TAKE THIS BACHELOR DEGREE?
1Official professional certifications
Over the course of the program, our academic approach will equip you to pass the official Cisco and Oracle certification examinations, which are particularly valued in the employment market for computer technicians.
2Computer technicians are in demand
Computing is currently one of the professions in the highest demand on the employment market and will remain so in the years to come. Over the next ten years, it is calculated that there will be 900,000 jobs to be filled in relation to information technologies, according to the European Union.
TecnoCampus’s close ties to the business community enable us to give students access to internships to consolidate their knowledge in a real professional environment. Each year, over 700 students take part in internship programs, many of which are paid positions, in more than 1,500 partner companies.
4Internationalization. International studies and internships
Study agreements and internships in different countries around the world. As part of our commitment to internationalization, we have partnership agreements in place with 105 universities in 34 countries to give you the opportunity to experience studying or taking an internship abroad.
The functions an engineer has to develop regarding computing are:
- Computer and computing department management
- Management and organization of computer projects and data programming centers
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Analysis and design of computer systems
- System techniques
- Network and communications
- Technical consulting, computer auditing
- Artificial intelligence and new technologies
- Selection and assessment of computer infrastructure and logic
- Optimization of methods and ways of communication with the computer and the users
- Creation of projects and applications to be analysed and executed
- Commercial techniques and management places in any business area with the postgrade studies in economy.
Summary of acquired competencies
Analyzing, designing, creating and servicing information systems in different environments, selecting the most suitable technological solutions. Also heading workteams and managing computer projects and leading Information Technologies (IT) departments.