- A degree with employment of more than 90%
- Tittle: Mechanical Engineering
- Duration: 4 academic years structured into three-month terms
- Study load: 240 credits ECTS
- Format: Face-to-face
- Timetable: Afternoon or evening
- Run by: School of Engineering and Technology
- Qualification: Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- Fees: Check out the cost and financing options for the study program at the following link (Fees and financing)
- Access: Find out about the different access routes and how to complete the university pre-registration process (Access)
- Languages: Catalan, Spanish and English
- Minimum score: 5,000 (17/18)
The studies are structured into eight periods of four months each including basic subjects (60 ECTS), compulsory subjects (132 ECTS), optional subjects (24 ECTS) and final project (18 ECTS). All the technical subjects have practices, wether in the subject itself or in laboratories for complete practices.
Enabling the student to project, lead and coordinate activities related to mechanic and mecatronic engineering, promoting the entrepreneur spirit and the adaptation to different work environments.
WHY TAKE THIS BACHELOR DEGREE?
On the Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, the elective programs enable you to specialize in the following areas:
1. Mechatronics: Integration of electronics technologies in the design of a component or mechanical system
2. Mechanical technology: Intensification in machine design and mechanisms
2Concurrent Program with Industrial and Automated Electronic Engineering
The option of taking the program concurrently with Industrial and Automated Electronic Engineering enables you to obtain two engineering qualifications in just 5 years.
The Employment Exchange helps students to join the professional world. This tool enables you to put the knowledge that you have acquired into practice, with either an internship or employment contract.
TecnoCampus’s close ties to the business community enable us to give students access to internships to consolidate their knowledge in a real professional environment. Each year, more than 700 students take part in the internship program in over 1,500 partner companies.
5Internationalization. International studies and internships
Study agreements and internships in different countries around the world. As part of our commitment to internationalization, we have partnership agreements in place with 105 universities in 34 countries to give you the opportunity to experience studying or taking an internship abroad.
Analysis, design and test of machines, engines and mechanic and mecatronic systems, development of robot systems, project and calculation of structures, industrial constructions and installations and production and organization techniques. Integration in production and service companies, in areas such as service, design, production, automatization and consulting.
Summary of acquired competences
Capacity to service, automate and design devices and systems through the application of knowledge and technologies of mechanics, electronics, automatics and computer systems. Capacity of analysis and problem-solving with initiative, critical thinking, transfer of knowledge and skills, teamworking and in an international context, performing business management tasks.