Industrial Organization Engineering
Escola Superior Politècnica
- The Industrial Organization engineer is the appropriate professional for companies in the industrial sector and services that require executives with extensive technical training.
- Name: Industrial Organization Engineering (* in the verification process)
- Temps: 4 academic years structured into three-month terms
- Study load: 240 ECTS credits
- Format: Face-to-face
- Timetable: Afternoon or afternoon-night
- Run by: School of Engineering and Technology
- Qualification: Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- Fees: Check out the cost and financing options for the study program at the following link (Fees and financing)
- Access: Find out about the different access routes and how to complete the university pre-registration process (Access)
- Next edition: 2018-2019
- Places: 45
- Languages: Catalan, spanish and english
- Minimum score: 5,000 (grau nou curs 2017-18)
The main objective of the degree is to prepare professionals with the knowledge, techniques, abilities and attitudes, both technical and business management that provide them with the skills necessary to be able to increase the competitiveness and sustainability of industrial and service activities, to promote the continuous improvement and the innovation of products, and to apply the organizational models, the services and the technological processes more adapted to each company.
The studies of Engineer in Industrial Organization allow:
Why study this bachelor degree?
The Job Exchange facilitates your integration into the workplace. It is an instrument to put into practice what you have learned, be it with a practice or work contract.
The proximity of TecnoCampus to the business fabric allows to offer practical students to consolidate their knowledge in the real environment. More than 700 students practice every year in more than 1,500 collaborating companies.
3Internationalization. International studies and practices
Study and practice agreements in different countries around the world. In our commitment to internationalization, we have agreements with 105 universities in 34 countries so you can experience the experience of studying or doing internships abroad.
Students who want to access this study program must have a good foundation of knowledge in mathematics and physics, as well as an aptitude for technology and a capacity for hard work.
Students who are going to take the Bachelor Degree in Industrial Organization Engineering have to be interested in and passionate about the world of industry and the diverse range of technological and industrial applications. This study program is suitable for students who, in their prior studies that qualify them for access (High School Baccalaureate, Vocational Training Programs, etc) have demonstrated a good capacity for mathematical reasoning, as well as for problem abstraction and solving. It is also advisable that they have aptitudes in terms of spatial conceptualization, the use of software tools and an adequate knowledge of English.
It is important that students taking the Bachelor Degree in Industrial Organization Engineering demonstrate an interest in business administration and management. Students should also be concerned about social and environmental problems. They must be aware of the dizzying pace at which science and technology are currently advancing and the multiple interconnections that exist between the two. Therefore, right from the start of the program, it is advisable that they have a reasonable capacity to adapt to changes, a desire to work in multidisciplinary environments and, of course, a great deal of motivations.
SUMMARY OF COMPETENCES ACQUIRED
Capacity for problem analysis and solving with initiative, critical reasoning, transferring knowledge and skills, teamwork, working in an international context and performing executive and management duties in the company.
An industrial organization engineer is a professional equipped to work for companies in the industrial and service sector that require executives with a high degree of technical training. Their dual expertise, as a technician and as a manager, gives them a comprehensive overview of the company and the environment in which it operates, which is a crucial factor in improving the results of a company in any sector.
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Business Administration and Management
- Industrial Policy and Innovation Management
- Consultancy and Knowledge Management.