Master’s Degree in Integrated Care Management in Chronicity and Ageing
Official qualification from Pompeu Fabra University
- Nom: University Master in Integrated Care in Chronicity and Aging
- Càrrec: 60 ECTS
- Modalitat: Blended
- Horari: Friday from 08:15h to 14h and from 15h to 19h and Saturday from 08h to 14h (alternate Saturdays)
- Titulació: University Master in Integrated Care in Chronicity and Aging
- Preu: 109,37€ / ECTS ( approximate price pending approval by the Decree of the Generalitat that establishes the prices of the academic services of the Public Universities of Catalonia for each academic year)
- Caràcter: universitarian with orientation towards research
- Proxima edició: 28th September 2018
- Places: 20
- Idiomes: Catalan, Spanish and English
- A multidisciplinary and multidimensional approach that addresses prevalent health problems from different dimensions: social, clinical, economical and care.
- The high prevalence of chronic diseases, which constitute the everyday work of health professionals. In addition, the ageing population means that people over 65 compose the segment with the highest increase from now until 2021.
- Integrated social and health care, which has become a fundamental issue on the social and health services in Catalonia.
- The need for master's degree to provide health professionals access to doctoral programmes and the promotion of lines of research related to the field of chronicity and ageing.
ORGANIZAtion and course structure
The Master’s Degree in Integrated Care Management in Chronicity and Ageing.(MAICE) is a well-consolidated master’s degree and a reference in the territory. The Advanced College of Health Sciences TecnoCampus receives support from prestigious entities such as the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, the TicSalut Foundation, the University Institute for Primary Care Research (IDIAP Jordi Gol), Fecunmed and the Maresme Health Consortium.
The master’s degree has a total of 60 ECTS. It is composed of 30 ECTS of compulsory subjects, 12 ECTS of optative subjects, 4 ECTS external practicum and 14 ECTS belonging to the Master’s Degree Final Project.
This Master’s Degree is verified as an Official University Master’s Degree at the Pompeu Fabra University.
ACCESS TO DOCTORAL PROGRAMMES
The Master’s Degree in Integrated Care Management in Chronicity and Ageing provides access to doctoral programmes, being a 60 ETS research master’s degree.
The Advanced School of Health Sciences has established several agreements with doctoral programmes to offer students the possibility of accessing doctorate courses.
who is it designed for?
- Health professionals: nurses, physicians, psychologists, social workers, physiotherapists and nutritionists, who need to enhance their skills in research.
- This master’s degree plays a key role in training researchers and/or lecturers interested in completing a doctoral programme or joining research teams in the field of chronic illnesses or ageing.
What skills are developed in the master’s degree?
On completing this master’s degree, students will be able to:
- Respond in a clear, precise and relevant way to people with chronic pathologies, to their relatives and/ or carers along their life cycle, via planning and evaluation of specific programmes within the health field.
- Resolve problems arising in clinical practice related to the ageing process and its resulting dependence, while guaranteeing, via methodologies and management resources within the healthcare field, patients’ dignity, safety, privacy and autonomy.
- Select and develop research designs, with multidisciplinary teams, to formulate and test hypotheses, design interventions and evaluate results related to chronic pathologies and ageing.
- Cope with new challenges and situations that appear in current health systems, in their management policies and in the social area at different levels of care through programming and evaluation instruments of health organizations.
- Write research projects via which professionals can access to competitive programmes funded by agencies in the field of health care.
- Leadership in research projects in the field of chronicity and ageing
- Leadership in clinic and care management in hospitals, assistance centres and health institutions
- Joint doctoral programmes
- Joint University Schools, Faculties o Departments to teach a degree or a postgraduate’s degree
- Health management of geriatric centres, social-health centres or nursing homes