1) You will need to register in SIGMA: REGISTRATION

2) After registering, you will receive an e-mail with your Student Number (NIA) and password. With this code, you can fill out yourApplication Form

3) You will need to send to rrii@tecnocampus.cat the following documents:



In case you are from the European Union (EU), the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland: you can work and live in Spain with your ID or valid passport; but if your stay is longer than 90 days, once in Spain you must apply for registration in the Central Registry of Foreigners. This registration leads to a certificate of registration being issued and includes a NIE number.

You must apply for this document directly at the police station:

  • Mataró residents: at the Police Station located in Avenida Gatassa, 15 (902 24 73 64)
  • Barcelona residents: at the Police Station located in Rambla Guipúscoa, 74. You need to arrange an appointment on the website www.seap.minhap.gob.es (ExtranjeríaCita previaextranjeríaAcceder al procedimientoBarcelonaCertificado UEEntrarForeign).

If you do not fall into any of these categories, just go to the Spanish consular representation in your country to be informed about the legal requirements to entry and study in Barcelona. To apply for a visa you will need an acceptance letter from TecnoCampus, which you can get from the International Office (rrii@tecnocampus.cat).

In order to send you the acceptance letter it is essential that you have been correctly registered in our University. The Foreign Affairs Ministry website will help you to find the nearest Spanish Embassy or

The process of obtaining a visa can be quite long, so it is recommended to do it in advanced.



All exchange students must have a health cover:

  • If you are a Spanish citizen you must have a health cover which is valid for Barcelona (Social Security, private health insurance, etc.)
  • If you are a citizen of a member country of the European Economic Area or Switzerland you must be a European health Insurance Card holder
  • If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you must find out whether there is a mutual health provision agreement between the Social Security system of your country and Spain
  • If you do not fall into any of the above categories or cannot give proof of the document issued by the relevant national authority of your country, then prior to departure, you must bring with you your private medical insurance

If you prefer to take out the health insurance for TecnoCampus students you can check prices of Cobertis Health Insurance on their website

You only have to ask for the International Office. If you need to contact us in advance:


The TecnoCampus adress is: Av. Ernest Lluch, 32 (08302) Mataró