The general objective of the double degree is to train professionals with extensive knowledge of business management, focusing on specialization in the tourism sector and enable them also acquire the skills to lead the creation of companies efficiently.
The knowledge that has been accredited through the official access channels will also be required, and it is advisable for the student to have the following abilities:
- Capacity of drafting and expression.
- Have a certain level in at least one foreign language.
- Capacity for personal relationships.
- Interest in the environment and sensivity to the environment.
GENERAL AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Interpret the principles of tourism in terms of its spatial, social, cultural, political, labour and economic dimensions and identify the types of tourist spaces and destinations and the main tourism agents operating in them, both public and private.
- Analyze the impacts of tourism on its economic, social and environmental aspects and provide innovative solutions
- Analyze the main political and administrative structures of tourism and interpret the legal framework that regulates tourism activities
- Turn an "empirical" problem into a research project and draw conclusions.
- Apply a strong customer service orientation and handle communication techniques
- Assess the tourism potential and prospective analysis of its exploitation through innovative management models
- Analyze, synthesize and critically summarize the economic and heritage information of tourism organizations.
- Run different types of tourism entities, defining objectives, strategies, trade policies and managing financial resources.
- Work in different cultural media, providing solutions to the different problems that arise.
- Gather and interpret meaningful data to make judgments that reflect on relevant business issues and be able to produce a document that allows for the transmission of innovative business information or proposals in the field of tourism.
- Manage the territorial tourist spaces in accordance with principles of sustainability.
- Master the operational procedures of the lodging, catering and tourist intermediation companies
- Interpret the strategies, objectives and public instruments of tourism planning.
- Recognize and apply information and communication technologies (ICT) in the different fields of the tourism sector.
- Interpret a public plan for tourism and the opportunities for the private sector.
- Planning and managing the human resources of tourism organizations.
- Recognize the details of the operation of destinations, tourism structures and their business sectors worldwide.
- Understand the characteristics of cultural heritage management and be able to develop innovative initiatives for their value as a tourist attraction
- Detecting the needs for the technical planning of tourist infrastructure and facilities
- Communicate ownership orally and in writing in at least one foreign language.
A few days before the start of the course, welcome sessions are organized for new students. These days are useful to know the degree coordinatior, the syllabus, the campus services (Academic Management, Library, UACU, Careers and International Relations) and for a tour of the installations in order to know the different spaces where they will study.