Hello, student!

As a TecnoCampus student you have access to different opportunities and services.

TecnoCampus has launched a new application that will keep you informed about college life and student services such as:

  • Digital student card
  • eCampus Calendar
  • Opening hours
  • Campus news and events

A few days before the start of the classes you will receive an email with the username and password to access it (the same one used for eCampus).

You can download the app for free from:

  • Google Play (for Android devices)
  • Apple Store (for iPhone)

Teachers and administrative staff will contact you via a specific TecnoCampus email and a virtual campus called eCampus.

You will receive an email with your account, login, and password to verify your email, tasks, and topics. All communication from teachers, administration, and so on will be sent to your TecnoCampus email address. It is very important to check this email at least twice a week!

You can check your email online at: mail.google.com

Another website that you will also use as a student is ecampus.tecnocampus.cat. You will be able to manage your TecnoCampus account with the credentials you will receive in the mail. You will need to check it often to present your homework, email teachers, or review subject items.

TecnoCampus offers a course ofSpanish free. The level will suit you. The duration of the course is about 3 hours per week (30 hours per term). If you want more information about the program or registration, please contact rrii@tecnocampus.cat.

If you also want to learn Catalan, you can contact the Maresme Centre for Linguistic Normalization (www.cpnl.cat/maresme) at maresme@cpnl.cat.

As a student here, our library will become one of the best places to be in college. The books and other reference materials you will need for your course can be found in the campus library.

In addition, it is a perfect place to do individual or group work and offers workspaces.

The library also has one of the printers you can print from. As a TecnoCampus student, you will be able to print freely with your credentials, which are given to you at the beginning of your studies.

More information of interest

Do you have any doubts? Here we provide you with interesting information on different aspects that may be useful to you before and during your mobility.

EU students

If you are a citizen of a Member State of the European Union (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Romania, Sweden and Cyprus) or Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland, you have the right to free movement and residence in Spain.

In any case, all EU citizens who reside in Spain for more than 3 months must apply for registration in the Central Register of Foreigners. This registration will involve the issuance of a certificate of registration and will include a foreigner identification number (NIE).

To process it you will have to go to the Police Station of the town where you live:

A) If you live in Barcelona, ​​at the Police Station located at Rambla Guipúscoa, 74 in Barcelona, ​​requesting a prior appointment through the page websites  (Access the procedure > Barcelona > Accept > Authorization request > Accept > Enter)

B) If you live in a town other than Barcelona, ​​directly to the Police Station of the town where you live.

Necessary documents:

  • Application form
  • Valid passport or identity document (original and copy)
  • Receipt of registration (original and copy)
  • European Health Card or private health insurance (original and copy)
  • Responsible declaration of sufficient resources (Model). Participation in study exchange programs of the European Union is considered sufficient accreditation for the justification of financial means.

For more information visit the Ministeri de l'Interior website.

Students from outside the EU

When you arrive in Barcelona, ​​we recommend that you register atEmbassy or Consulate from your country to Spain.

If you are a student from outside the European Union (EU), the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland, to be legally in Spain for more than 90 days, you need to obtain a residence permit for studies, which will allow you to stay in Spain for the duration of your studies and, in addition, you will be able to travel, if you wish, within the EU and the countries that have signed agreements with Spain or the EU for the free movement of people.

Procedures to be carried out for your study stay:


Before your arrival in Spain

Before arriving in Spain, you must process a "study visa" at the Spanish consulates in your country of origin or legal residence. You can consult the corresponding consulate on the website of the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

To process the visa you need, among other documents, proof of having been accepted into a study program at the TecnoCampus. You must apply for this accreditation at rrii@tecnocampus.cat.

The visa must be for studies (type D). Any other type of visa does not entitle you to the subsequent processing of the Foreigner's Identity Card.

Important: Please note that the student visa is only valid for studying at the university where you applied for admission and the period set out in the letter of acceptance. Therefore, if you have decided to study at a different educational institution after obtaining a visa, you should contact the Spanish diplomatic mission or consular office in your country of residence to find out the steps you need to follow beforehand. to travel to Spain.


During the first month of your effective entry into Spain: TIE (Foreigner's Identity Card)

a) If your authorized stay lasts longer than 6 months, you must personally apply for the Foreigner's Identity Card at the Police Station within one month of your effective entry into Spain:

            I) If you live in Barcelona, ​​at the Police Station located at Rambla Guipúscoa, 74 in Barcelona, requesting an appointment through the page websites (Access the procedure > Barcelona > Accept > Authorization request > Accept > Enter)

            II) If you live in a city other than Barcelona, directly at the Police Station of the town where you live.

Necessary documents:

b) If you are a non-EU student but have come from a stay in a European Union country (eg Erasmus Mundus):

More information:


Two months before your card expires: renewal

The card is valid for one year and can be renewed if your studies continue.

You can carry out the renewal procedure with a maximum of two months in advance and, in any case, before it expires. Since the entry into force of Law 39/2015, renewal applications must be submitted electronically or in person (if you need it, at the OMA we can review the documents before you send it):

a) Electronically, through the websites of the Foreign Office.

b) Personally:

            I) In thePost office from Via Layetana to Plaça António López, s/n; 08002 Barcelona (ORVE SYSTEM, CODE EA0017715)

            II) In the General Registry of the Street Government bergara or the Street Mallorca.

                        -  Documents and procedure

                        -  Form

                        -  Fees form (mark point 1.3. Amount of 17,15 euros)

More information:


If you have to travel and your card has expired: Return authorization

If you have to leave Spain and your card is in the process of being renewed, you can request an authorization that allows you to re-enter the country, as long as your card has already expired. This authorization allows you to leave and re-enter the country within 90 days.

Return authorization is only valid for direct entry into Spain. If you are returning via another country in the Schengen area (connecting flight), you must check in advance whether you need a visa and process it before taking the flight.

This authorization must be processed directly at the police station, by prior appointment:

a) Residents in Barcelona city: At the office of the National Police Force at Calle Mallorca, 213 (corner Enric Granados) in Barcelona, ​​with prior appointment obtained through the web www.mpt.gob.es/servicios/extranjeria.html

b) Foreign citizens residing outside Barcelona capital, to obtain the return authorization, will have to go in person directly, without the need for an appointment.

More information:


If you want to work during your studies: Work permit

If during your stay you have to carry out internships in public or private non-labor entities that are part of the study plan for which you have been granted the authorization to stay and that take place within the framework of collaboration agreements between these entities and the UPF, it will not be necessary for you to process any work authorization.

Outside of this case, if you want to combine studies and work (on your own account or for someone else) you do need a work permit, with the following conditions:

  • The working hours cannot coincide with the school hours (part-time or full-time if it lasts a maximum of three months outside the school period).
  • The income obtained cannot have the character of a resource necessary for the stay, nor will it be considered in the framework of the procedure for extending the stay.
  • The validity of the work authorization will coincide with the duration of the contract and cannot be longer than the duration of the authorization to stay for studies.

More information about the required documents and the application procedure:

Useful links

If you are already studying or want to study at the TecnoCampus, live outside Mataró and need accommodation, from Serveis Campus we bring you various proposals.

Click here to discover them!

Medical coverage

Any student coming to TecnoCampus must be covered by health insurance.

If you are a Spanish or foreign citizen with a residence permit in Spanish territory, you must have valid health insurance in Catalonia (National Health System or private mutual society).

If you are a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, and you are entitled to social security coverage in your country, you can apply for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), to the relevant public health authorities in your home country. Although the TSE gives European citizens access to medical benefits during a temporary stay in Spain, it is not an alternative to travel insurance. The TSE does not cover private health care or expenses such as the flight back to your country of origin or the loss or theft of your belongings. The TSE does not cover expenses if you travel for the express purpose of receiving medical treatment.

If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Unionof the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you should ask if there is an agreement between the social security system in your country and Spain (this is the case in some Latin American countries). If this agreement exists, you can obtain a document from the corresponding authorities in your country authorizing you to receive free medical care in Spain.

If your case does not match any of the above  or you cannot obtain the document from the relevant authorities of your country of origin, before coming you will need to take out private health insurance to cover your entire stay in Catalonia.

All international students, including Erasmus students, must have full coverage for any risks during their stay in Spain and TecnoCampus will check that at least accident and repatriation insurance has been taken out to supplement the TSE. These are the minimum requirements although we recommend greater health coverage.


The health system

Catalonia has a wide range of health centers and hospitals. The public health system has universal and free access, as well as guarantees a good quality of care:

  • The Primary Care Centers (CAP) are the first place you should go when you have a health problem. They offer health and social care. To be able to access their services for free, you must have a TSE cardholder.
  • Public hospitals. You only need to go there in case of an emergency. If it is a common health problem you should first go to your referral CAP. The health staff of the CAP, if they deem it necessary, will refer you to the Hospital. To be able to access their services for free, you also need to be a TSE cardholder.

At the same time, there are private hospitals and clinics in the city. If you have purchased private health insurance, check the documentation to find out which hospitals or clinics you are assigned to.

If you are in an emergency, call 112, the emergency telephone of any kind.


Mataró is the capital and the largest population of the Maresme region with a population of more than 120.000 inhabitants. It is located on the coast, between Cabrera de Mar and Sant Andreu de Llavaneres, about 30 kilometers northeast of Barcelona.

The main feature of the town is its port, which is one of the most important on the Maresme coast, and also has several beaches in the city.

The N-II coastal motorway follows the same path as the original Roman road and is close to the archaeological remains of the Roman villa of Can Llauder.

Mataró is famous for many activities in which you can participate. The main meeting places to stay with friends are the beach, the mall or the main street of the city center called La Riera, where there are all kinds of shops, cafes and restaurants. You can't miss the city's nightlife either. Mataró has a party area near the TecnoCampus where you can go out to nightclubs such as Cocoa, Miracle, Classic or Clap.


Catalonia is an autonomous community of Spain with a millennial history and its own language, Catalan, which is its offical language as well as the Spanish. With a population of 7,5 million, it is a dense and highly developed territory that leads the Spanish economy and is also a reference in Europe.

Catalonia is an industrially active and enterprising country that promotes the culture of effort as an inherent value of the ability to work. These characteristics, together with the quality of infrastructures and services, make Catalonia an ideal destination in the business world.

At the university level, Catalonia represents a point of reference in Spain. There are currently 12 universities: 7 public, 4 private and 1 virtual. All of them have official recognition and are gaining ground internationally. The academic offer includes around 1000 official university degrees, belonging to the different branches of knowledge: arts and humanities, sciences, health sciences, social and legal sciences and engineering and architecture.

Catalonia's university offer is a reflection of its society: multidisciplinary, multidimensional and multilingual, where they share the experiences of citizens from all over the world.

Catalonia has been and is a host country, and throughout history, it has lived in contact with all the peoples of the Mediterranean. This multiculturalism has made it a benchmark and maintains it as one of the areas with the most economic, social and cultural influence.

On the other hand, the richness and diversity of its geography make Catalonia a territory to enjoy all year round. The Pyrenees, the Costa Brava, Barcelona, ​​Montserrat, the Ebro delta or the plain of Lleida are some of the most emblematic places that allow all kinds of leisure, cultural, etc. activities.

As a student you will be doing a mobility you may be interested in being part ofESN.

Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is an international non-profit student organization. Its mission is to represent international students, thus offering opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students.

In Barcelona there is theESN Barcelona UPF, an association created by student volunteers, who help you resolve any questions about your mobility.

Here you will find the Pocket Guide 2024-2025 with useful information 

Practical information

Here we provide you with practical and very useful information during your mobility.

By plane

To get to the city of Mataró by plane, you will first have to stop in Barcelona and from there take a train, bus or taxi. Barcelona is home to the international airport, known as El Prat, with two terminals: T1 and T2. The two terminals are connected by a shuttle service, with a frequency of 8 minutes and more than a hundred airlines operate there that connect the city with 200 destinations in the world.

A hundred kilometers from Barcelona are the Girona-Costra Brava and Reus airports, which are the base of operations of some low-cost companies.

By train, bus or taxi

There are several ways to travel between the airport and the city of Mataró:

  • Airbus. Lines A1 and A2 connect respectively terminals 1 and 2 with Plaça Catalunya (25-35 minutes), from where the train or bus departs to Mataró. It operates every day from 05.30 to 01.00.
  • Bus. Line E11.1 direction Mataró (centre), connects Plaça Catalunya with Mataró (40 minutes). It operates every weekday from 06.05 to 21.50, Saturday from 08.00 to 21.50 and Sunday from 09.00 to 22.00.
  • Train. Line R1 with destination Mataró, Blanes or Portbou connects Plaça Catalunya with the city of destination (30 minutes). It operates every day from 05.00 to 23.30.
  • Taxi. A large fleet of taxis is always available at the airport, at any time and from any terminal. The service from or to the airport carries an additional fee and a surcharge for each bag carried.

During the year there are several holidays. Some are celebrated throughout Spain, others at the level of Catalonia which affect the academic calendar of the Tecnocampus.

The time customs are a little different to the rest of Europe:

  • Food generally people here tend to eat later than people from the rest of Europe. Breakfast is usually between 9.00h and 11.00h, lunch between 14.00h and 16.00h and dinner between 21.00h and 22.00h, although restaurants have longer opening hours. 
  • Commercial hours the establishments are open from Monday to Saturday and are closed on Sundays. Shopping centers and large shops do not usually close at midday, while municipal markets and small shops usually close between 14.00 and 17.00.

Depending on your country of origin, you may find that Barcelona and Mataró are more or less expensive cities. To help you plan your stay, we provide you with a summary with approximate monthly expenses. 

  • Accommodation. Between €350-500 a shared flat and between €500-800 in a residence.
  • Food. 200 €.
  • Transport. 50 €
  • Other expenses. 200 €.

Below you will find a list of the emergency telephone numbers corresponding to each case.

  • Emergencies: 112
  • Bombers of the Generalitat: 085
  • Mossos d'Esquadra: 088
  • National Police: 091

Information about the University


Keep up to date with all the activities that take place and sign up!


    Welcome day is the first activity of each term. This activity is important to meet the new international students and start stablishing connections between local and foreign students.

    Normally, it starts with a welcome speech by the International Students Coordinator and other staff services. After that, a visit through the campus and an introductorily game between all the students to know each other better take place, ending the event with food and drinks for everyone.


    During the day show entity, the buddy program organization builds up an informative tent where students can get information about the buddy program and play some fun games. There are also other tents of all Tecnocampus organizations.


    With no doubt Paintball is one of the funniest activities where international students can participate. It is a competitive team shooting sport in which players eliminate opponents by hitting them with “paintballs” that break upon impact. Paintballs are usually shot using a low-energy air weapon called “paintball market” that is powered by compressed air.


    To improve the connections between local and international students, Buddy Program commission organizes several gastronomic activities where all the students enjoy a great time having dinner, interacting, and sharing cultural experiences.

    One of the most expected activities for the international students is "going out time", both Barcelona or Mataró. Sometimes is important to disconnect from the daily routine, so the Buddy Program commission takes foreign students to the best local clubs to have fun together.


    Walk up to the top of Burriac is something that you will have to do if you stay in Mataró for a while. Burriac is a mountain located at Cabrera de Mar, a small village 15 minutes driving from Mataró. It is already a tradition to walk up to the Castle and contemplate the breathtaking views from the top.


    This is one of the funniest adventure activities to take part of. Buddies and international students enjoy the day by climbing and jumping through trees at the Canyamars forest, next to Mataró. Is a good way to have a good time around your friends.


    Although Skating is not one of the most popular sports in Spain, we do any kind of activities and skating during winter is one of them. If you’re an ice skate lover, this is the ideal activity for you. Don’t miss the chance to show your skills!


    You cannot say you have been in Catalonia without visiting Barcelona. It is the capital and largest city of Catalonia, as well as the second most populous municipality of Spain. Ranked as the most popular city to visit in Spain and one of the fifth most visited cities in Europe, Barcelona is the perfect touristic destination with plenty of recreational areas. The beach, the mild and warm climate, and historical monuments are the main reason why people visit the city. Barcelona is only 30 minutes driving from Mataró and you cannot miss the opportunity.


    Montserrat is a multi-peaked rocky range located near the city of Barcelona, in Catalonia, Spain. It is one of the most touristic attractions in Catalonia and it is just 1 hour driving from Mataró. At buddy program commission we give the chance to visit in XNUMX day trip these untypical and beautiful mountains landscape.


    The Montseny Natural Park is a protected natural space located in Vallès Oriental. Montseny is made up of three mountain ranges: the Pla de la Calma, the Hill of the Man and the Agudes, and the hill of Matagalls. It is a way out to enjoy a two hour walk through the park's beautiful spots.


    Whether you like your meat pulled or rubbed, everyone is welcomed to fire up his or her own style of BBQ at one of the communal wood and charcoal BBQ stations setup at Lourdes Refuge in Arenys de Mar. The “buddy program” commission takes care of the food and drinks. The international students only have to bring hunger and a funny attitude.


    We are sure that, as an international student, you are expecting to live a lot of multicultural experiences where you will be able to learn from other countries, at the same time you will let them know about yours. One way to discover what you are looking for is with the international lunch or dinner activities that we organize during the term.


    As we are next to the beach, we cannot miss the ocassion to do water activities by the sea. According to students' preferences, we can decide and organize different activities such as surfing, paddle surfing, kayaking, wakeboarding or windsurfing, among other things. This is the best way to enjoy the catalan sun and the warm weather.


    PortAventura world is an entertainment resort in Tarragona, on Costa Daurada. It is the most famous theme park of Catalonia which attracts around 4 million visitors per year, making it the most visited theme park in Spain. When the nice weather comes, it is the most enjoyable activity to take part in as a foreign student.

Buddy Program!

Contact the Buddy Program and register!