General information

Subject type: Mandatory

Coordinator: Jorge Oter Gonzalez

Trimester: Third term

Credits: 4

Teaching staff: 

Núria Sánchez Guillem

Teaching languages

  • Catalan


Specific skills
  • E12_Planning business strategies related to the economic and social phenomena typical of the welfare society and the digital entertainment industry. Turn ideas into actions in a creative and innovative way

  • E19_Creation, administration and management of audiovisual companies in their industrial structure of production, distribution and exhibition


The subject, framed within the subject of COMPANY, aims to provide updated information on the business reality that may be useful to students, as well as the basic tools for business management, taking into account the peculiarities of the audiovisual sector. .



PART I: The audiovisual sector

  • Audiovisual sector classification
  • Current sector data

PART II: Keys to running a business.

Subject 1. Identifying factors of the company

  • Concepts
  • Intellectual Capital
  • Managerial functions: Plan, Organize, Manage and Control.
  • Types of companies
  • Growth strategies
  • Self-employed and legal forms

Subject 2. Strategic direction

  • The business environment
  • Values. Mission. Targets
  • Contributions by Michael Porter: Generic Strategies. The model of the five forces. The value chain.
  • Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
  • Knowledge management: Human resources by skills

Subject 3. Characteristics and peculiarities of the audiovisual company

Part III: Economic and financial analysis of the audiovisual company

  • Financial ratios and economic ratios
  • Reporting





Evaluation system

The final grade will be obtained by weighting as follows:

Activity 1: Knowledge capsule. Group work - 30%

Activity 2: Collaborative tests. Minimum of three tests during the quarter. Work in small groups - 30%

Activity 3: Individual final exam - 40%

To pass the subject (and apply the previous weighting) a minimum grade of 5 will be required in the final exam.

Recovery: Students with a grade of less than 5 in the final grade, may recover the subject by conducting a single exam that will collect all the contents of the same and will weigh 70%. The grade of the Knowledge Capsule (Activity 1) is maintained and continues to weight the other 30% of the final grade. This resit exam will also require a minimum grade of 5. According to the current regulations of the center, only those students who have participated in a significant number of course assessment activities will be able to take the resit exam. they have not reached the final 5 grade point average.

Identification of plagiarism is considered a serious circumstance that may lead to a failing grade in the subject. If plagiarism is detected, the Degree Coordination will be informed so that the corresponding disciplinary measures can be taken.




Sánchez Guillem, Núria (2024). Dossier of exercises for the subject. ESUPT Tecnocampus.

Medina Laverón, Mercedes (2021). Structure and management of audiovisual companies. UNSA

Amat Salas, Oriol (2008). Understand accounting and finance. Management 2000.


Gimbert Rafols, Xavier (2003). The strategic approach of the company: Basic principles and schemes. Deusto editions.

Garrido Buj, Santiago (2006). Strategic direction. McGrawHill.