What are you looking for?
It is a research group that brings together ESCSET's research in economics, business and entrepreneurship, tourism, marketing and, in general, the economic and social environment from an applied point of view. In addition, it also integrates the research carried out within the framework of the Chair of Social Economy. The aim of this research is to contribute to improving the competitiveness and well-being of the territory while preserving the quality of the social environment. These areas of knowledge have obvious synergies and interdependencies that the group reinforces. The research group was born with a firm desire to transfer knowledge with the public and private sectors given the existence of strong collaboration agreements with many public and private entities.
Dr. Joseph Maria Raya
Coordinator of the Research Group Applied to the Financial, Economic and Social Environment
- Tourism, Housing and Transport
- Social Economy
- Finance and business development
- research in digital communications, marketing and behavioral economics
- Logistics and maritime business
Dr. Alex Araujo
Dr. Valeria Bernadó
Dr. Marian Buil
Dr. Enric Camón Lluís
Dr. Doloros Celma
Dr. Patricia Crespo
Dr. Roberto Dopeso
Dr. Yvette Fuentes
Dr. Giovanni Giusti
Dr. Ismael Hernández Adell
Dr. Helena Hernández Pizarro
Dr. Alexander Kucel
Dr. Jesus Martínez Marín
Dr. Núria Masferrer
Dr. Jose Ignacio Monreal Galan
Dra. Mónica Juliana Oviedo León
Dr. Joseph Patau
Dr. Josep Torres Pruñonosa
Dr. Noemi Ruiz
Dr. Eloi Serrano Robles
Dr. Judith Turrión Prats
Luis Codinas Poch
Below are the different scientific articles written by the members of the research group in recent years.
- Casanovas, MM, Ruíz-Munzón, N., and Buil-Fabregá, M. (2021). Higher education: the best practices for fostering skills for sustainable development through the use of active learning methodologies. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education •
- Manera, C., Serrano, E., Pérez-Montiel, J., and Buil-Fabregà, M. (2021). Construction of Biophysical Indicators for the Catalan Economy: Building a New Conceptual Framework. Sustainability, 13 (13), 7462 •
- Fabregá, MB, Masferrer, N., Patau, J., and Pérez, APM (2020). Self-conscientious competence as a driver of innovation and environmental commitment in higher education students. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. •
- Sorribes, J., Celma, D. and Martínez-Garcia, E. (2021). Sustainable human resources management in crisis contexts: Interaction of socially responsible labor practices for the wellbeing of employees. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 28 (2), 936,952. Impact factor ISI-JCR (2019): 4,542; Citations: 3.173; Q1 (Business); Q1 (Management); Q1 (Environmental Studies).
- Galí, J., Giusti, G., and Noussair, CN (2021). Monetary policy and asset price bubbles: a laboratory experiment. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 130, 104184.
- Raya, J, i Giusti, G. (2021). Can information regarding previous sales stabilize the house price index? Evidence from a field experiment in Spain. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment, 36 (2), 353-366.
- López-López, D., and Giusti, G. (2020). Comparing Digital Strategies and Social Media Usage in B2B and B2C Industries in Spain. Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing, 27 (2), 175-186
- Giusti, G., and Dopeso-Fernández, R. (2020). Incentive magnitude and reference point shifting: a laboratory experiment. International Journal of Manpower.
- Maynou, L., Hernández-Pizarro, HM, and Errea Rodríguez, M. (2021). The association of physical (in) activity with mental health. Differences between elder and younger populations: a systematic literature review. International journal of environmental research and public health, 18 (9), 4771.
- Hernández-Pizarro, HM, Nicodemo, C., and Casasnovas, GL (2020). Discontinuous system of allowances: The response of prosocial health-care professionals. Journal of Public Economics, 190, 104248.
- Duro, JA, Perez-Laborda, A., Turrion-Prats, J., and Fernández-Fernández, M. (2021). Covid-19 and tourism vulnerability. Tourism Management Perspectives, 38, 100819.
-Bagur-Femenías, L., Buil-Fabrega, M. and Aznar, JP (2020) Teaching digital natives to acquire skills for sustainable development. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. 21 (6), 1053-1069
-Giusti, G. and Raya, J. (2020)Can information regarding previous sales stabilise the house price index? Evidence from a field experiment in Spain. Journal of Housing and the Built Environment (forthcoming). 35 (3).
- BERRONE, P, RICART, JE, DUCH, AI, BERNARDO, V., SALVADOR, J., PIEDRA, J. AND M. RODRÍGUEZ (2019). EASIER: An Evaluation Model for Public – Private Partnerships Contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainability, 11(8), 2339
-MARTORI, A. "Local television or local television? The impact of cultural proximity on television studios in the digital age ". WHAT: Revista de Estudios de Comunicación = Journal of Communication Studies, 24 (47).
- RAYA, JM, MARTÍNEZ-GARCIA, ESTHER & CELMA, Dolors (2018). “Economic and social yield of investing in hiking paths: The case of Berguedà, Spain”. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 35 (2), 148,161,
- CELMA, DOLORS, MARTÍNEZ-GARCIA, ESTHER Y RAYA, JOSEP M. (2018). “Socially responsible HR practices and their effects on employees' wellbeing: empirical evidence from Catalonia, Spain”. European research on management and business economics, 24, 82–89.
- MARTÍNEZ-GARCIA, ESTHER, SORRIBES, JOAN, CELMA, DOLORS (2018); “Sustainable development through CSR in human resource management practices: the effects of the economic crisis on job quality". Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 25 (4), 441-456.
- FABREGA, MB (2018). How entrepreneurship in higher education helps to sustainable development at the local level: The case of tecnocampus. In Towards Green Campus Operations (pp587-604). Springer, Cham.
- ALONSO-ALMEIDA, MM; BUIL-FABREGÁ M .; BAGUR-FEMENÍAS, LP (2017). Shedding light over Sustainable Development and Stakeholders Engagement: The role of Individual Dynamic Capabilities. Sustainable Development.
- MARTINEZ, ESTHER, MAJÓ, J. AND RAYA, JOSEP MARÍA (2017): Differences in residents ’attitudes towards tourism among mass tourism destinations, International Journal of Tourism Research 19 (5), 535-545.
- MARTÍNEZ-GARCIA ESTHER, SORRIBES, JOAN AND CELMA, DOLORS (2017). "Sustainable Development through CSR in Human Resource Management Practices: The Effects of the Economic Crisis on Job Quality. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management. Published online in Wiley Online Library.
- CELMA, DOLORS, BUIL, MÀRIAN Y PATAU, JOSEP (2017). “Management control in startups with high growth success in the Technology sector: The case of Netrivals”. European Accounting and Management Review, vol. 3, no. 2, 17-44.
- CELMA, DOLORS, MARTÍNEZ-GARCIA ESTHER Y RAYA, JOSEP M. (2016). “An analysis of CSR in human resource management practices and its impact on employee job satisfaction in Catalonia, Spain”. European Accounting and Management Review, 1 (3); 45-71.
- BAGUR-FEMENIAS, L., MARTÍ, J., & ROCAFORT, A. (2015). Impact of sustainable management policies on tourism companies' performance: the case of the metropolitan region of Madrid. Current Issues in Tourism, 18 (4), 376-390.
- BAGUR-FEMENÍAS, L., PERRAMON, J., & AMAT, O. (2015). Impact of quality and environmental investment on business competitiveness and profitability in small service business: The case of travel agencies. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 26
- ALONSO-ALMEIDA, MM, BAGUR-FEMENIAS, L., & LLACH, J. (2015). The adoption of quality management practices and their impact on business performance in small service companies: the case of Spanish travel agencies.Service Business, 9 (1), 57-75.
- LLACH, J., ALONSO-ALMEIDA MDM, GARCIA-CASTELLVI, A., & BAGUR-FEMENIAS, L. (2015). A fresh approach to context influence, development and performance in environmental management. Business Strategy and the Environment, 24 (8), 855-872.
- CELMA, DOLORS, MARTÍNEZ ESTHER AND COENDERS GERMÀ. 2014. Corporate Social Responsibility in Human Resource Management: an analysis of common practices and their determinants in Spain, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 21 (2); 82-89. Impact factor ISI-JCR (2014): 2,321. Q1 (Business); Q1 Management); Q1 (Environmental Studies).
- SAN-JOSE, L., RETOLAZA, JL, & PRUÑONOSA, JT (2014). Efficiency in Spanish banking: A multistakeholder approach analysis. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 32, 240-255.
- BAGUR-FEMENIAS, L., LLACH, J., & del MAR ALONSO-ALMEIDA, M. (2013). Is the adoption of environmental practices a strategic decision for small service companies? An empirical approach. Management Decision, 51 (1), 41-62.
- OLIVERAS, E .; CRESPO, P .; RAYA VILCHEZ, JP (2013). The Bologna process in the area of accounting: Effects on student satisfaction. Journal of Education in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration. 4, 22-33.ISSN 2173-478X
- MARTÍNEZ-GARCIA, ESTHER; CELMA DOLORS (2013): “Internationalization strategies for mature tourist destinations: the case of the counties of Girona”, RITUR, Revista Iberoamericana de Turismo, 3 (2); 44-61. ISNN 2236-6040. Quality indicators: meets all LATINDEX criteria