Master's degrees

University master's degrees are official degrees awarded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, in accordance with the requirements of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The programs have an official recognition and a quality evaluation, with a duration between 60 and 120 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System) and one or two academic years. Master's degrees offer high-level specialized training to obtain an academic, professional specialization or acquire research skills.

Access requirements
Be in possession of a university degree and comply with the specific requirements of the corresponding master's degree.


  • University master's degree issued by Pompeu Fabra University. These types of master's degrees represent the ordinary way of accessing a doctoral program and are recognized in the EHEA.

See the offer of Official / university master's degrees

Own Masters, Diplomas and Postgraduate Courses

Own master's degrees and postgraduate courses are specialization courses with a clear professional orientation. Aimed at university students, graduates and undergraduates. Postgraduate courses aim to adapt to the training needs and professional goals of each person. Postgraduate Diplomas have a minimum of 30 ECTS credits, Postgraduate Courses a minimum of 10 ECTS credits and own Masters between 60 and 120 ECTS credits.

UPF regulations of Postgraduate / Masters own degree

Access requirements
Be in possession of a university degree and meet the specific admission requirements for each program.


  • Master's degree, diploma or postgraduate course issued by Pompeu Fabra University.

See the offer of Own Masters and Postgraduates

Access requirements for international students

1. Application for admission of international students in studies that require a university degree
(Information on academic degrees and certificates not issued by a member state of the European Union)

To apply for admission, you do not need to have a legalized degree until the time of enrollment. 

Information on the legalization of the title:

If your degree and academic certificate are not issued by a member state of the European Union (or Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland), you will need to complete all the formalities. legalization of both documents (Hague Apostille). You must do this process in the country where the degree was issued and before leaving the country, as it is not possible to carry out this procedure in Barcelona.
És molt important que tinguis en compte que els títols i certificats acadèmics universitaris que no estiguin redactats en català, espanyol, francès, italià, portuguès o anglès hauran de ser traduïts al català oa l'espanyol per un traductor oficial.

We recommend that, in order to facilitate the entire admission process, obtaining a visa and other practical aspects related to your arrival and stay, pre-register as soon as possible.

2. Admission to studies that require a university degree

The effective admission of students is conditioned to the fulfillment of all the requirements of access of the course and to the verification of all the documentation presented. Certified originals and / or photocopies must be submitted.

For any questions or queries: 

Continuing Education
Tel. 93 7021959